Welcome to SWIP UK
SWIP Panel at Joint Session 2018 - SWIP UK will have a panel of papers at the 2018 Joint Session of the Mind Association and Aristotelian Society at the University of Oxford, 6-8th July 2018. Here is the call for papers.
SWIP AGM 2018 - The SWIP UK 2018
conference will be hosted by the University of Southampton on the
21st-22nd June 2018. The conference is titled 'The
Philosophy of Pregnancy, Birth, and Early Motherhood'.
Good Practice Scheme - SWIP UK and the British Philosophical Association are pleased to support the Good Practice Scheme. Its purpose is to improve the environment for, and representation of, women in philosophy.
SWIP UK is an organisation of UK women in philosophy, including students and professionals, working within or outside academic departments.
SWIP UK's aims are
- to facilitate co-operation between women in philosophy
- to support women in philosophy
- to promote philosophy by women, past and present
- to foster feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism
- to collect information of interest to women in philosophy
- to raise public awareness of discrimination against women in philosophy, past and present
- to end discrimination against women in philosophy
SWIP UK seeks to achieve these aims by
- inviting women to become members
- appointing executive officers
- holding conferences
- holding meetings to plan activities and appoint officers
- offering mentoring and support for women in need
- working with other organisations
- gathering and publicising data on women in philosophy
- lobbying to end discrimination against women
- implementing the Good Practice Scheme
SWIP UK welcomes offers of help to develop this website, organise conferences, contribute to mentoring and support, and gathering and using data on women in philosophy in the UK and internationally.
SWIP UK welcomes comments and queries.
Site Content © SWIP UK. All rights reserved. Site designed by Argument from Design.