Welcome to SWIP UK
SWIP AGM 2018 - The SWIP UK 2018 conference will be hosted by the University of Southampton on the 21st-22nd June 2018. The conference is titled 'The Philosophy of Pregnancy, Birth, and Early Motherhood' and has announced a call for abstracts, the deadline for which is 16th February 2018.
Guide for Philosophers in Non-Permanent
Employment - SWIP UK and the British Philosophical
Association have put together a Guide
for Philosophers in Non-Permanent Employment. This came about as
a result of the SWIP UK - BPA conference at the University of
Manchester in May 2017.
Good Practice Scheme - SWIP UK and the British Philosophical Association are pleased to support the Good Practice Scheme. Its purpose is to improve the environment for, and representation of, women in philosophy.
SWIP UK is an organisation of UK women in philosophy, including students and professionals, working within or outside academic departments.
SWIP UK's aims are
- to facilitate co-operation between women in philosophy
- to support women in philosophy
- to promote philosophy by women, past and present
- to foster feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism
- to collect information of interest to women in philosophy
- to raise public awareness of discrimination against women in philosophy, past and present
- to end discrimination against women in philosophy
SWIP UK seeks to achieve these aims by
- inviting women to become members
- appointing executive officers
- holding conferences
- holding meetings to plan activities and appoint officers
- offering mentoring and support for women in need
- working with other organisations
- gathering and publicising data on women in philosophy
- lobbying to end discrimination against women
- implementing the Good Practice Scheme
SWIP UK welcomes offers of help to develop this website, organise conferences, contribute to mentoring and support, and gathering and using data on women in philosophy in the UK and internationally.
SWIP UK welcomes comments and queries.
Site Content © SWIP UK. All rights reserved. Site designed by Argument from Design.