Welcome to SWIP UK
Executive Committee: SWIP UK would like to express thanks to Rocky Lynch and Michelle Bastian who are stepping down from the committee. We have greatly appreciated their many contributions and wish them well.
Good Practice Scheme - SWIP UK and the British Philosophical Association are pleased to announce the launch of the Good Practice Scheme. Its purpose is to improve the environment for, and representation of, women in philosophy in the UK and Ireland.
Mentoring Scheme - In association with the BPA, SWIP UK has a mentoring scheme for women in philosophy. See Mentoring for details about becoming a mentor or mentee.
SWIP UK is an organisation of UK women in philosophy, including students and professionals, working within or outside academic departments.
SWIP UK's aims are
- to facilitate co-operation between women in philosophy
- to support women in philosophy
- to promote philosophy by women, past and present
- to foster feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism
- to collect information of interest to women in philosophy
- to raise public awareness of discrimination against women in philosophy, past and present
- to end discrimination against women in philosophy
SWIP UK seeks to achieve these aims by
- inviting women to become members
- appointing executive officers
- holding conferences
- holding meetings to plan activities and appoint officers
- offering mentoring and support for women in need
- working with other organisations
- gathering and publicising data on women in philosophy
- lobbying to end discrimination against women
- implementing the Good Practice Scheme
SWIP UK welcomes offers of help to develop this website, organise conferences, contribute to mentoring and support, and gathering and using data on women in philosophy in the UK and internationally.
SWIP UK welcomes comments and queries.
Site Content © SWIP UK. All rights reserved. Site designed by Argument from Design.